Sell with Confidence
Read More
News

Matt Hurlston of Ray White Carnegie: Child safety at crossings high priority

By Matt Hurlston

When it comes to looking after the future generations, there's nothing more important than ensuring that their safety at places like school is looked after. This also includes the walk to and from the institution, which the Glen Eira City Council hopes to increase in the near future.

According to the council's Walking Strategy, the target is to increase the number of children walking to and from school by 10 per cent, with the importance of school crossings and child safety near roads becoming a key concern. 

The council's manager of transport planning Terry Alexandrou said that drivers are being asked to take more care around crossings, with pedestrians and cyclists being more vulnerable in these instances. 

"Research shows that a pedestrian only has a 20 per cent chance of surviving a collision with an impact speed of 60 kilometres per hour, whereas this increases to 80 per cent when the impact speed is 40 kilometres per hour," said Mr Alexandrou in a 18 August statement. 

Motorists are reminded to wait for children to completely clear the crossing, unlike some where vehicles may proceed onces the person has passed the car. This is to keep the safety of children living in Carnegie real estate a top priority heading forward. 

Matt Hurlston of Ray White Carnegie

Anyone interested in opportunities for property in the local area should run through Matt Hurlston at Ray White Carnegie, who can help buyers achieve their real estate goals.

Up to Date

Latest News

  • How To Style Your Rental Property

    With home ownership becoming unobtainable for some people, many find themselves renting whilst saving for their dream homes. Sometimes living in a space that seems a little outdated can be overwhelming, but there are ways to breathe new life into your new abode. Be proud of the space you live in … Read more

    Read Full Post

  • The Royal Children’s Hospital

    The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) is one of Australia’s biggest and busiest hospitals specialising in paediatric care. Ranked number fifty-three in the world, the Royal Children’s Hospital offers twelve wards, three hundred and fifty beds and employs over six thousand staff. The RCH aims to provide the greatest level of … Read more

    Read Full Post